By: Paul Massari
Pearly white teeth are essential to make a great first impression.
Gone are the days when a person has to worry about their brushing motion or how long they have cleaned their teeth. Electric toothbrushes will allow every person to clean their teeth, time how long they have been brushing and finally achieve the smile that they have always wanted.
This all-inclusive guide will not only show you the difference between manual and powered brushes, but also which brand has created the best electric toothbrush on the market. If there is anything you ever wanted to know about electric brushes, it will be in this guide.
|Philips Sonicare Diamond Clean
Click to see the Black version... it's AWESOME!
|Oral-B Precision 7000||Oral-B||$$$||4.4|
|Oral-B Healthy Clean + Floss Action Precision 5000||Oral-B||$$||4.5|
|Philips Sonicare HX9110/02 Flexcare Platinum||Philips||$$$||4.6|
|Sonicare HX6972 FlexCare Plus||Philips||$$$||4.3|
|Philips Sonicare Flexcare Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush||Philips||$$$||4.3|
|Philips Sonicare HX6921/02 Flexcare Plus||Philips||$$$||4.4|
|Philips Consumer Lifestyle HX6511/50 EasyClean||Philips||$$||4.6|
|Philips Sonicare HX6731/02 Healthywhite||Philips||$$||4.6|
|Oral-B Professional HealthyClean + Sensitive Gum Care Precision 3000||Oral-B||$$||4.4|
|Philips Sonicare Essence||Philips||$||4.4|
|Oral-B Professional Healthy Clean Precision 1000||Oral-B||$||4.4|
|Oral-B Pulsonic Electric Toothbrush||Oral-B||$||4.0|
|Philips HX6311/02 Sonicare for Kids||Philips||$||4.5|
Electric vs Manual Toothbrushes
For decades, dentists have been boasting a plethora of different cleaning methods that are ideal for a healthy, vibrant smile.
However, there are a myriad of approaches, but no standards set. Those with sensitive teeth have to brush differently than those that do not have sensitive teeth. With electronic brushes, there are a number of features to ensure that the user is able to clean their teeth and remove the most plaque possible in the process. In fact, they perform better than their counterparts and do so because of the following:
- Deeper Cleaning: Compared to manual brushing methods, electric ones remove more plaque and ensure that all of the teeth have been cleaned. This is done through the various oscillating settings that the brush can be put on.
- The Right Time: They have a built-in timer so that the user never cleans their teeth for too short or long of a time. With a timer, a person simply begins brushing and will be alerted when they are finished.
- Cleaning Modes: There are several modes of brushing that powered devices provide. With the ability to use a gentile mode for sensitive teeth, this will be a great choice for many.
- Bristle-change Reminders: Changing brushes when they have been worn down is of the utmost importance. Powered ones have reminders that will alert the user when they need to change their bristles. This allows a person to always have firm bristles and an adequate cleaning. In fact, the efficacy of a powered toothbrush depends on the condition of the brush head you’re using.
- Great for Older People: Those that are older or have less dexterity normally do not remove all of the necessary plaque when they clean their teeth. Studies have shown that using an electronic brush eliminates this problem and allows users to always maintain proper dental hygiene.
What We Recommend…
First of all, you have to decide whether you want to buy a Sonicare or an Oral-B. Both are great, but it’s up to you to decide.
Take a quick look at our informative article, and get back here to read our in-depth reviews.
Reviews of the Best Electric Toothbrushes
We have come across dozens of products, but we have found the top options on the market. Based on reviews, price and consumer opinions, these models are far superior to their competition.
Philips Sonicare DiamondClean
The Philips Sonicare DiamondClean is the best Philip’s brush on the market and is backed by over 470 positive reviews. With whiter teeth in just one week and the ability to remove 100 percent more plaque, this is the ideal product that is packed with features.
- Color Choices: The fashion-conscious buyer will find the choice between black and white is perfect. Click here to see the Black model.
- Greater Dental Hygiene: Within merely 2 weeks, a person’s gums will be drastically healthier.
- Whitens Teeth: Within 1 week, users will have removed some of the stains that cause yellowing.
- Cleaning Mode: Choose between clean, white, polish, gum care or sensitive modes to clean your teeth the way you want.
- Brush Head: Sonicare is known for quality and the included brush head is firm, yet gentle enough to clean teeth and remove stains. Replacement is also a breeze and takes only a few seconds.
- Brush Strokes: A full minute of cleaning your teeth includes 31,000 brush strokes for a plaque-destroying, stain-lifting brushing session.
Sonicare DiamondClean also comes with a full package of accessories to ensure a person has everything they need to start brushing immediately.
This includes two heads, a USB charging travel case, changing glass and of course, the Sonicare DiamondClean.
Oral-B Precision Black 7000
Oral-B is renowned for its quality and innovative oral hygiene products. The Oral-B Precision Black 7000, however, is in a class of its own. Not only is this the latest brush that Oral-B has produced, but it comes with more cleaning power and features that truly set it apart from the competition.
- 3D Cleaning: Never leave a dirty spot in your mouth again. With 3D cleaning, the Precision 7000 pulsates, oscillates and rotates so that it can hit every crevice found in your teeth. With double the cleaning power of a manual brush, 3D cleaning is simply the best option for a bright smile.
- Timer and Pressure Sensor: Never clean your mouth for too short of a time or worry about pressing too hard when brushing. A built-in pressure sensor illuminates when too much pressure is applied when brushing and a timer ensures a person gets the most out of their brushing at all times.
- Cleaning Modes: Clean the way you want with 6 distinct cleaning modes. Daily clean, sensitive, whitening, deep clean, massage and even tongue cleaner allow for the perfect cleaning solution.
- Sleek Design: A black handle with white accents allows this lightweight device to be both aesthetically pleasing and powerful.
- Check full specs and over 50 reviews here
With the ability to change cleaning modes and time your brushing, this is the ideal product. When the cleaning power of 3D cleaning technology is added into the mix, this is simply the best Oral-B that money can buy.
Oral-B HealthyClean + Floss Action Precision 5000
Over 1100 positive reviews puts the Precision 5000 within reach of the number 1 spot. This is one of the best products ever made by Oral-B and comes with something truly unique – SmartGuide. With up to 40,000 pulsations and up to 8,800 oscillations, the immense features that come with the precision 5000 are easily overshadowed.
- Dentist Recommended: Made by Oral-B, the Precision 5000 is a product that comes from the most recommended brand by dentists.
- Brushing Power: A powerful, precise cleaning takes place with 40 thousands pulsations and 8,800 oscillations per minute. Cleaner teeth and less plaque are a result of the cleaning power provided.
- FlossAction: The ability to floss with FlossAction allows users to loosen up plaque and buildup found between teeth. While this does not replace flossing, it is a powerful tool to ensure dental hygiene is always at the forefront of brushing.
- SmartGuide: A guide to brushing is incorporated onto an LED screen on the brush’s handle. Through this screen it is possible to see the pressure, time left for brushing and even the current battery life left on the unit.
- Check full specs and over 1110 reviews here
The Precision 5000 is packed with features that will enhance a person’s dental hygiene greatly. Less plaque and healthier gums are able to be had with the use of SmartGuide. Follow recommended practices suggested by the brush’s SmartGuide and ensure that you always maintain a healthy, clean mouth.
Philips Sonicare Flexcare Plus
Looking for a cheaper model? The Flexcare Plus is definitely a great option. It’s the cheapest of the 3 top-notch brushes by Sonicare, but with over 130 positive reviews, this model had to be included in our list.
- Sonic Technology. This model uses sonic technology, vibrating up to 31,000 times every minute.
- Good Battery. The battery lasts up to 3 weeks, or 42 2-minute sessions. Battery won’t be a problem even if you’re a traveller.
- Remove more plaque. The Flexcare+ removes up to 83% of plaque from your teeth, cleaning your teeth deeply and effectively.
- 5 cleaning modes. This model comes with 5 powerful brushing modes, including Clean, Sensitive, Massage, Refresh and Gum Care. It’ll be up to you to decide which one is good for you, depending on your needs.
- Check full specs, price and over 130 Reviews
The Flexcare Plus is a good option if you want a great model, but can’t afford to get the DiamondClean. Obviously, the Flexcare Plus comes with fewer options, but these are enough for many people.
Philips Sonicare HX6731/02 Healthywhite
Sometimes, price isn’t everything. Those that want to have an amazing set of teeth can pick up the Sonicare Healthwhite for under $100 and start to clean their teeth like never before. While this brush may not come with the features some of the other options have, it is still an amazing choice and comes at an even better price. With over 90 consumer reports gleaming with praise for the Sonicare Healthywhite, it had to be added to our list.
- Cleaner, Whiter Teeth: The clean and white mode will remove 90 percent of the stains on a person’s teeth and make a person’s teeth 2 shades whiter in merely 2 weeks.
- Power: Through the Sonicare technology, the Healthywhite is able to produce 31,000 brush strokes per minute for better cleaning and more plaque removal.
- Cleaning Modes: Clean, Sensitive and Clean and White modes allow users to ensure they always have a white smile and healthy gums.
- Easy-start: Users will find comfort in the easy-start mode, which increases the brush’s power over the first 14 uses. This allows users to get used to the brush so that they never have sore gums.
- Check full specs and over 90 reviews here
the Sonicare Healthwhite is perfect for users that simply want to clean better and have better dental hygiene.
The features that are incorporated into this model are more than sufficient to meet any dentist recommendations and remove all of the plaque and stains on a person’s teeth.
Oral-B HealthyClean + Sensitive Gum Care Precision 3000
The Precision 3000 is a great alternative to the Precision 5000 and comes with immense power, but less overall features than its counterpart. However, this does not take away from the benefit seen over manual cleaning by any means.
- Brushing Modes: Three cleaning modes come with the Precision 3000. While the massage mode is missing, daily clean, sensitive and whitening are still available and will work more than adequately. Consider using a whitening toothpaste of your choice to maximize the results.
- Pressure Sensor: There is a sensor that allows users to know when they are applying too much pressure when cleaning your teeth.
- Battery Life: Seven days of use can be had with a single charge. While this is 3 days less than newer models, it is still long enough for an extended road trip.
- Brush Head Compatibility: While this model does not come with FlossAction, it can utilize the same brush head. There are a wide array of heads compatible with this model that will allow it to conform to your brushing habits.
- Check full specs and over 450 reviews here
Overall, the Precision 3000 packs the same cleaning power with some missing features that the Precision 5000 has built-in. While these differences will not matter much to most users, others will like more modes and FlossAction.
Philips Sonicare Essence
Looking for the cheapest option, but still want a quality toothbrush? Well, the Sonicare Essence is for you!
With over 1400 positive consumer reports, this model is the top entry level brush. It comes with fewer options, but still does its job very well.
- Sonicare Technology. Just like the other Sonicare brushes, this one also uses this advanced technology
- SmartTimer. Brushing for the full 2 minutes will no longer be a problem. The SmartTimer will give you the needed motivation to brush for the recommended amount of time.
- 1 Cleaning Mode. While other models boast many different brushing modes, the Essence only comes with one.
- Get used to it. Thanks to the Easy-start option, the toothbrush power increases over the first 12 brushing sessions, so to help you get started.
- Read full specs and over 1400 reviews
The Sonicare Essence is the top entry level model. It doesn’t come with many features and modes, but it cleans your teeth properly. It’s also good for those who are still unsure whether to go electric or not.
WaterPik Complete Care
The Waterpik Complete Care is the top solution if you want to take your oral health to the next level. The most convenient thing is that you’ll have a sonic brush and a water flosser in the same system, with a single plug.
That’s what you’ll get:
- a Sonic brush: with thousands of vibrations every minute, you’ll remove more plaque and feel your mouth healthy and clean. 2 different heads are included.
- a Water Flosser: Waterpik water flossers are clinically proven to effectively remove 99% of plaque from your teeth. Waterpik guarantees healthier gums in just 14 days. 4 water flosser headers are included.
- Check the current price here
With over 180 positive reviews, The Waterpik Complete Care is the best all-in-one product packed with useful features.
Still not sure? This research will help You!
We’ve interviewed 16 dentists asking them the same question:
“Are Electric Toothbrushes really Better?”
We’ve received so many different and interesting opinions, and we’ve also created a picture that summarizes the results.
Read the full article: The electric vs manual toothbrush debate
The immense cleaning and whitening power seen within each of these brushes makes them the ideal choice for any user. While we have provided all of the best options on the market and their reviews, it is now your time to find the best electronic toothbrush for your own needs. With the variety of price ranges that we have incorporated into our selection, you will be able to choose a highly recommended brush that comes packed with features at a reasonable price.